1. Stop your vehicle. a. Call the police to report the accident b. Tell the police if emergency treatment is needed c. Do not take any blame, record only facts d. Remove hazards from the road e. Warn traffic
2. Get the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the witnesses.
3. Get the details of other vehicles involved. a. Driver's name b. Their license number c. Address and phone number d. License plate number e. State f. Care make, model, and year g. Car Vehicle Identification number h. Name of the insurance company and agent
4. Take notes on the injured, if any. a. Name, address, age, sex b. Name of hospital/physician taken to
5. Take notes on the details of the accident. a. Date, time, and weather b. Street location c. Your speed and the speed of others involved d. Vehicle damage of your vehicle and the others involved e. The estimated cost of repair on your vehicle and the others involved
6. Sketch a diagram of the accident. a. Road widths, skid marks, etc. b. Point of impact c. Indicate names and locations of streets, overpasses, bridges, ect. d. Mark the positions and directions of the vehicles involved
Bob Johnson's Body Shop 1746 Airport Blvd. Cayce, SC 29033 2010