BOB JOHNSON'S BODY SHOP
You Are In An Accident
Carwise & Auto Status
The Refinishing Process
Before and After
Expert Painting Truck & Auto Collision Repair
What To Do If You Are In An Accident
1. Stop Your Vehicle:
Call the police to report the accident.
Tell the police if emergency treatment is needed.
Do not take any blame, record only facts.
Remove hazards from the road.
2. Get Details....the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the driver and any passengers or nearby witnesses.
Their Drivers license number.
Address and phone number.
License plate number and State.
Car make, model, and year.
Car Vehicle Identification number (VIN#).
Name of the insurance company and their agent.
3. Take notes on the injured, if any:
Name, address, age, sex.
Name of hospital/physician.
4. Take notes on the details of the accident:
Date, time, and weather.
Street location and nearest crossroad.
Your speed and the speed of others involved.
Vehicle damage of your vehicle and the others involved.
The estimated cost of repair on your vehicle and the others involved.
5. Sketch a diagram of the accident if possible:
Road widths, skid marks, etc.
Point of impact.
Indicate names and locations of streets, overpasses, bridges, ect.
Mark the positions and directions of the vehicles involved.
6. Ask Police Officer when their report will be available and make sure you get a copy.
7. Contact your insurance agent.